Anxiety is your body's natural response to stress. Anxiety may motivate you to work harder or do a better job.
Ordinary anxiety can come and go and does not interfere with everyday activities.
In the case of an anxiety disorder the feelings of fear are intense, sometimes debilitating, and may be there all the time.
Anxiety Can Feel Like
- Restless or edgy
- Easily tired
- Difficulty concentrating
- Trouble Sleeping
- Heart Pounding
- Short of breath
Did You Know?
- 40 Million adults have anxiety disorder
- Highly treatable but few get help
- Women are twice as likely as men to have anxiety
- Stress can trigger anxiety Symptoms
- 38% of female teens have an anxiety disorder
- 26% of male teens have an anxiety disorder
What Can I Do If My Anxiety Gets Too Bad?
- See Your School Counselor
- Practice calming strategies such as: coloring, read, write, draw, paint, sing, dance, exercise, or breathing techniques.
- Reach out to parents for support
- Talk to Dr. with parent support
GET FREE HELP NOW TEXT CONNECT TO 741741